CYNIC

Moderator: Trooper

dirty_drowning_man

Re: CYNIC

Post by dirty_drowning_man » 31 Jan 2011, 21:14

nisam rekao da ce bilo koji od njih dvojice dolaziti u Cynic IKADA. Mada bih vise voleo da vidim nekog od njih dvojice na novom albumu, barem da cujem kako bi to zvucalo, jer ih ne smatram ni malo losijim od cika Malone-a.

neke stvari su jednostavno kult i kao takve trebaju da ostanu netaknute i nista ne bi smelo da se menja u bilo kom oblku/smislu....govorim ( naravno ) o "Focus-u"....to je jbno genijalan album, nema sumnje, i bilo bi mnogo drugacije ( verovatno i POGRESNO ) da je u tom trenutku bilo ko drugi tu svirao umesto Malone-a....

ono sto je njegov najveci problem ( i jedina stvar koju mu zameram i zbog koje bih ga zamenio prvim basistom koji naidje jer mi to jako ide na zivce ) je upravo ta nezainteresovanost za Cynic ( mislim da je to vec neko spomenuo ovde, nisam siguran ). Ako se smatra delom kolektiva, onda bi trebalo da pocne da ih malo vise "zarezuje"...

tako da..... apsolutno se slazem da ni TL ni SDG ne bi trebali da sviraju na nekim reizdanjima Cynica stvari koje je Malone svirao , to bih smatrao pogresnim, aliiiiii ( uvek postoji ALI ), vise bih voleo da ih cujem na buducim snimcima jer mislim da bi to bilo jako interesantno....

P.S. "Focus" sam zaista preslusao previse puta pokusavajuci da uhvatim svaki detalj, znam o cemu govoris.

Stalker
Strelok

Post by Stalker » 31 Jan 2011, 21:19

a pa onda je to već ŠBB KBB tema i tvoja misao se ne kosi sa mojom da bi voleo da čujem Cynic sa Ryan Martinie-em, ili Jeroen Paul Thesselingom. ali realnost mi je da je svaki basista pored Malone-a pogrešan. (iako je Zielhorst obećavao, nažalost je napustio bend sa Tymonom. to je bila odlična postava, sad je velika tragedija)

dirty_drowning_man

Post by dirty_drowning_man » 31 Jan 2011, 21:28

Stalker wrote: a pa onda je to već ŠBB KBB tema i tvoja misao se ne kosi sa mojom da bi voleo da čujem Cynic sa Ryan Martinie-em
verovatno ulazi u top 5 najpodcenjenijih basista ikad...too bad :?

sixstring

Post by sixstring » 31 Jan 2011, 23:17

Stalker wrote: njegovo angažovanje na Focusu neće biti nadmašeno u budućim albumima Cynica, čak i da dođe reinkarnacija Jaco Pastoriusa iz pakla.
šta reći za onu mind expanding deonicu u pesmi "I'm But a Wave to..."? od početka u kojem mu taj Kubicki klizi, do predstrofe, koja je moj omiljeni momenat na albumu (onaj voking na D žicama, oktava niže-oktava više itd itd), solaži na "Textures", celokupni awesomeness na "How Could I", rasturanje na "Uroboric Forms", "The Eagle Nature", "Veil of Maya", i all around show u "Celestial Voyage"-u?
Ima dete bre da nazovem Stalker! :ziveli:

Stalker
Strelok

Post by Stalker » 07 Jun 2011, 16:06

June 5, 2011
Album update

Ok friends, You got my attention...here's an official update. I've been working away in the home studio writing lots of new songs and keeping off the grid to stay creatively focused. Apologies for having been a bit reclusive in our digital age of informational abundance!

It's safe to say that Cynic already has plenty of material for a new record, but something keeps the inspiration going to write more. I feel like I'm on for the ride and just seeing what manifests as a result of sitting on the train and looking out the window. As we move further along and closer to 'destination recording', the album will start to shape itself and the appropriate songs will be chosen.

We're looking at late summer / early fall to enter the studio. At the moment, I have no idea when the record will be released. Maybe later this year or early next. We're also in communication with lots of fantastic new musicians who will be involved. I can already sense this next album is going to take our listeners on a whole new sonic adventure that words cannot yet describe. I say this because the work is feeling based and there's a lot of life poured into these embryos that will speak for themselves when heard. I'm always amazed at how living life informs the art so directly and yet we have no power over it.

The songs have a directness and urgency unlike anything we've done before due to a bountiful influx of concentrated life experiences. Thank the universe for the gift of music. I am so absolutely grateful to be alive and to be able to share the potency and beauty of music with you. In the meantime keep spreading the love and thank you for taking this journey with us. Oneness...pm

Wook

Post by Wook » 07 Jun 2011, 18:20

IJES!!

sixstring

Post by sixstring » 22 Jun 2011, 02:01

ijaoo rođo! :D

doyle777

Post by doyle777 » 16 Jul 2011, 14:06

Wook wrote:IJES!!
:1:

:kokice:

Stalker
Strelok

Post by Stalker » 16 Jul 2011, 14:47

šo se krstiš

doyle777

Post by doyle777 » 16 Jul 2011, 16:05

Stalker wrote:šo se krstiš
Ne krstim se, jedem kokice. ^^

Nisam imao predstavu da postoji tema o Cynicu, pa da ne bih pisao svasta-nesta sto je vec hiljadu puta napisano stavih ovoga sto jede kokice (da pratim temu :) )...

Stalker
Strelok

Post by Stalker » 09 Sep 2011, 12:41

maaaatori, ovo ima da bude do jaja 8) zanima me da li uopšte ima drugog gitariste ili je Pol to sam sve snimio

samo, cela ona priča oko "gostujućih muzičara" je ispala farsa, jer će Sean Malone opet da svira (što je zapravo najbolje što je moglo da im se desi). sad sam i pročitao da je Venosa (čovek koji radi art za Cynic) preminuo. RIP

Wook

Post by Wook » 14 Oct 2011, 15:41

Uskoro, uskoro :bravo:

Stalker
Strelok

Post by Stalker » 14 Oct 2011, 19:57

Wook wrote:

Uskoro, uskoro :bravo:
DA DA DA

Stalker
Strelok

Post by Stalker » 19 Oct 2011, 22:30

sean malone o novom EP-u, ako nekoga zanima:

i have a couple of questions concerning CBA:
i understood "Re-Traced" as an 'experimental' EP, it was a really interesting interpretation of Cynic. with this EP, does the band 'experiment' by making something that will differ from future work like Re-Traced differs, or is it the new musical direction which the band is heading into?

Thanks for your understanding, Vuk. And I'm humbled to know you've spent so much time listening so closely to TiA.

Regarding your question, I think it's pretty hard to place any bets on how any future Cynic recording will sound. I think history will show that Carbon-Based Anatomy is a bit of an anomaly, and that it doesn't necessarily reflect a cut-and-dried change of direction, but I can't even be certain of that. I want to be very careful about the next thing I'm going to say, because I don't want it misinterpreted, but C-BA was done in a comparatively brief amount of time as compared to other Cynic projects (I can't speak to how long Re-Traced took, as I was not involved). That doesn't mean it was rushed or received any less attention. In fact, I think in that cauldron of musical creativity you're often forced—in the best sense—to new avenues of expression because there isn't the time to sit, ponder, and draw upon the past. There was an intensity to working on this CD that was reminiscent of working on Focus. If you'll indulge one brief example -- the bass line for the title track wasn't my first impulse; I was thinking of something that crossed the bar line. There is a figure that I've played before that I think would have worked a little better, but it's one I've used twice before on a GK song and an Aghora track (bass in 6/8 traversing the drums in 4/4). I think with a little more time I may have gravitated toward an adapted version of that idea -- different enough so it's not just the same line, but retaining the same rhythmic effect. But the very narrow windows of time we all had kept pushing ideas forward, and so I was working mainly from instinct, but everything clicked into place.

No matter what our differences, I think that is a hallmark for the three of us, and it's why we've continued to play together. In fact, I was in Florida visiting family when Paul got in touch, and it was just dumb luck I had my bass with me. Added to that is the fact there just happened to be some studio time open at my friend Wes Dearth's studio in Tampa, during the 2-day window where the bass parts had to be completed.

I've gotten a bit off-track here...

"Cynic" today—I think by design—is less a band than it is Paul and Sean, and that they prefer it that way (I'm not speaking for them). I don't know to what extent there will be future recordings, much less that I'll even be on them. But I would characterize Carbon-Based Anatomy as being a kind of tone-poem; perhaps not in the strict orthodox sense, but certainly in the spirit of expressing a through-composed musical idea set to a single concept/story. Though some may say C-BA lacks some of the complexity associated with Cynic, I also think that—similar to poetry—we have expressed some meaningful musical ideas with fewer, more expressive "words" so-to-speak. Whether that is extended into the future is anybody's guess.

Best,
Sean