Michael Landau and his style&sound

Izrada, održavanje, saveti...

Moderators: dejankuki, Trooper, Nedalm

clapton

Re: Michael Landau and his style&sound

Post by clapton » 28 May 2016, 16:12

nesto razmisljam sad, on koristi RM vibrato/vibe pedalu, onu ogromnu, ali koristi samo vibrato mode ako sam dobro shvatio, ono kad mu malo benduje ton. moze li taj sound da se dobije na jeftiniji nacin? :)

tommytigh77

Post by tommytigh77 » 29 May 2016, 15:05

Imaš vibrato pedala koliko hoćeš, pa biraj. Problem je što nijedna neće imati taj muzikalan šmek kao Voodoo Vibe. Graditelj iz okoline (Kastle ili Castle?) je napravio 1:1 kopiju, ne znam koliko košta njegova verzija.

tommytigh77

Post by tommytigh77 » 11 Aug 2016, 17:39

Iskopao na FB stranici, pisao na TGP neki ''izveštač na licu mesta'' prošle godine:
This was from last weekend (May 2015). I was there both Friday and Saturday. I was sitting right in front of him. This is not my picture, but I have a few identical ones myself :wink: He used the Maxon SD9 for about 99% of the time. For the intro of one song he used the Voodoo-1 by itself briefly, then added the SD-9 and turned the Voodoo-1 off.
He used the Green Rhino for an intro of one song also by itself briefly.
The SD-9 was on most of the time. A few times he added the Green Rhino on top of the SD-9 for some long held notes, probably to increase sustain and get feedback.
In short, if you want to be like Michael ( hint of irony here), you need the SD-9, you do NOT need the Voodoo-1 and you do NOT need the Green Rhino.
In the 4 hours per night, the Voodoo-1 got maybe 2 minutes of play time, and the Green Rhino here and there maybe another 10 minutes.
Amps were the Slidewinder and the Fender Super Reverb again.
Valja znati, čisto da se ne tripuje čovek oko raznoraznih OD pedala koje ML svaki čas ubacuje/izbacuje iz borda.

clapton

Post by clapton » 12 Aug 2016, 00:24

a ima i ovo, iz prosle godine:

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/index. ... o.1523084/
I was very curious about seeing how he uses dirt pedals, I've seen him a couple of times but never paid attention to that. The clean boost was always ON and controlled with a volume pedal. Most of the times he would have just one OD ON, probably a couple of times on the show he stacked them for the heaviest gain. One thing that caught my attention was some times in the middle of the solo he would switch OD pedals (for example turn off the SD-9 and On the Voodoo-1), more than once I saw this happening, the difference in tone and feel was very noticeable and I guess he likes to adjust as he goes with different options while he solos.

He likes to experiment a lot with delays live, he was often using delays from his Timeline and controlling with an expression pedal. Impossible to keep track on how many times he touches his pickup selector and volume/tone knobs.

After dirt and delays the Voodoo Vibe+ was the most used pedal, mostly for vibes but also got on his knees to set it up as a tremolo for a slow blues that his wife sang. The Flint reverb was always ON, he uses the 80's reverb and never saw him using the Tremolo on the Flint.

It is obvious Michael is a musician for musicians, I saw Kirk Fletcher, Josh Smith and Pete Thorn VERY concentrated! hehe.
zna se koje su mu pedale godinama na bordu, ostalo dodje i ode. interesuje me oce li malo isprobat ovu novu Vertex-ovu distorziju. jeste slicna Maxonu ali je vise fuzzy kad se odvrne.

howyesno

Post by howyesno » 12 Aug 2016, 13:03

Vertex izbegavati!
9-6-2014

AN OPEN LETTER FROM MICHAEL LANDAU.

This letter is in response to the recent events surrounding Mason Marangella and Vertex Effects. I first became aware of the drama concerning the Vertex Wah Wahs through Clif Jones , L.A. Vintage Gear , on August 16th. I was late hearing the news because I had been on tour and I’m not a regular on the gear forums. The news was not good, this was exactly the type of drama that has kept me far away from guitar pedal endorsements for most of my life up until recently.

Since I’ve never actually owned a production model Vertex Axis Wah, I anonymously purchased one 12 days ago so I could have it compared to the BBE Ben Wah by a reliable source whom I’ve known for many years,
I wanted to have a first hand account of the results. The results show that the Vertex Axis Wah I recently purchased was identical to the BBE Ben Wah.

Obviously I can’t be involved with a company or associated with a person who runs his company like this,
so officially as of 9-6-2014, I no longer formally endorse any Vertex products.

I would like to state the following facts for clarity:

- I am not an electrical engineer, the only time I open up a pedal is to change the battery.
- I have never used, nor have I ever endorsed any of the production model Vertex Wah Wahs.
- The Wah Wah that has been on my pedalboard since January 2013 is an old Dunlop Cry Baby that was modified by Mason, I don’t know the specifics of the mods, it sounds good to me, it does have a Vertex sticker on it from when Mason worked on it a couple of years ago.
- I do not use, nor have I ever endorsed the Vertex cables.
- I use the Vertex Landau Boost because I love the EXP volume control function.
- I use the Vertex Volume pedal only as an EXP pedal for the Landau Boost.

As of 9-3-2014 , I have instructed Mason to give all of the dealers and distributers a 30 day notice
stating that the Vertex Landau Boost and the Vertex Landau Chorus will be discontinued.

Out of respect to the entire guitar community:
If anyone wants to return their Vertex Landau Boost or Vertex Landau Chorus and is having a problem doing so through Vertex or the dealer they purchased it from, please contact Clif @ L.A. Vintage Gear and I will personally provide a full refund.

Michael Landau

tommytigh77

Post by tommytigh77 » 12 Aug 2016, 13:36

@ howyesno: Okačio Gagi na ovoj istoj temi pre 3 strane / 2 godine.

howyesno

Post by howyesno » 12 Aug 2016, 14:27

To je u redu, ali odgovorio sam čoveku na pitanje tj. ne i zašto ne.

clapton

Post by clapton » 12 Aug 2016, 16:31

upoznati smo svi s tom prevarom ali ovo je druga stvar a i pedala zvuci vrhunski i drugacija je od ostalih.
evo Landau i dalje saradjuje s njim, Robben Ford i ostali koriste Vertex Boost...

@tommytigh77 sta mislis o distorziji, znam da imas Maxona.

tommytigh77

Post by tommytigh77 » 16 Aug 2016, 21:12

clapton

Post by clapton » 16 Aug 2016, 21:21

citam posle pred spavanje :D

inace naleceh na komentar na yt da dolazi u Milano krajem oktobra. to je relativno blizu, valjalo bi iskoristit ako je info tacna.

clapton

Post by clapton » 18 Sep 2016, 02:16

bump :D

tommytigh77

Post by tommytigh77 » 24 Sep 2016, 16:16

OPAAA
Ima li interesanata, meni Prag deluje primamljivo?

clapton

Post by clapton » 24 Sep 2016, 17:24

znaci bio je u pravu onaj s yt-a. ja sam zainteresovan ali koliko bi kostala ta ekskurzija?

karta je 20e koliko vidim.

zasto ne Milano? cini mi se da ima jeftinih low-cost kompanija do tamo. WizzAir i sl...

clapton

Post by clapton » 20 Oct 2016, 21:25

tommytigh77

Post by tommytigh77 » 21 Oct 2016, 20:51

Dodatni info u vezi ove gitare... Biće early 50s spec - swamp ash telo, U profil vrata. Magneti su underwound Lollar Imperial. Ovaj komad koji on svira je pravio Jason Smith iz Custom Shopa, verovatno će i ostale gitare biti CS.